- Nutrient profiling of fish.
- Generating information for developing fish based ‘Dietary Guidelines’.
- Conducting clinico-epidemiological studies for establishing the ‘Health benefits of eating fish’.
Approach to the Project
- Nutrient profiling in terms of proximate composition, fatty acids, amino acids, selected vitamins and trace elements of selected edible fish and shellfish species.
- Estimating variations in nutrient composition of different species raised from different habitats, culture systems and levels of management practices.
- Sample assessment of consumption rate and pattern by different sections of fish eating population in different regions of the country.
- Generate information as clinico-epidemiological parameters on general health profile of population to correlate the fish intake on child health (in collaboration with qualified dieticians and / or NGOs).
- Conduct specific feeding trials in linkage with human nutritionists / experts in the field.
Conceptualized, Developed and Maintained by Dr. B. P. Mohanty and D. Karunakaran
© ICAR-Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute, Barrackpore.
Phone: 91-033-25921190/25921191 Fax: 91-033-25920388 E-mail:email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org